Types of AberrationsEdit
Aberrations have split into two different categories: Similar and dissimilar. Similar abberations share features with Cambrian life, mostly crustaceans and other sealife, while dissimilar aberrations have little to no features like Cambrian life.
Aberrations (Playable race)Edit
Generally reserved underground, aberrational humanoids have been found that are fully capable of any normal tasks, but are hideously deformed. These aberrations are treated with disgust, and rarely venture out in public without a specific task to accomplish before retreating again to a shelter or other place to call home away from civilization.
Aberrational humanoids generally have no gods, but some may cling onto hope with any good or neutral aligned god.
+2 Constitution, -4 Charisma: Aberrational humanoids are generally more hardy, but tend to frighten away others.
Medium: As Medium creatures, aberrations have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Darkvision: Aberrations can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and aberrations can function just fine with no light at all.
Fearful traits: An aberrational humanoid may choose one of the following mutations.
- Powerful Build: Much like the racial trait of the same name, powerful build treats the character as a large creature for any ways that may benefit it, but it retains its medium size.
- Slight Build: Much like Powerful Build, this treats the character as a size category smaller for any ways that may benefit it, but it retains its medium size.
- Spindling Arms: When weilding one-handed or light weapons, the character's reach is increased by 5 feet.
- Thick Hide: This trait gives +2 natural armor, covering the character's skin in flaky scales.
- Eyes in the Back of Your Head: This trait gives the benefits of Uncanny Dodge, and also provides +3 on spot and search checks.